Life may have come to a grinding halt because of Covid-19, but that’s no reason to stop dating. Stick a ring light on (if you’re so inclined), find the best-lit corner of your apartment and fire up your app of choice.
There’s one snag, though: just what on Earth should you talk about once the camera is rolling?
Here are 50 thought-provoking, funny and romantic virtual date questions you can ask each other to keep the conversation flowing.
Travel and wanderlust
- Do you feel a strong connection with your hometown? Why or why not?
- Do you like the idea of living ‘off grid’ or being self sufficient?
- What language do you wish you could speak and why?
- Have you ever wanted to ‘give up your job to travel the world’?
- What would be your ideal road trip?
- What do you love about where you live right now, and what do you dislike the most?
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
- If you had the opportunity to go to a ‘retreat’ somewhere totally remote for a whole month, without any social media or devices, would you do it?
The deep stuff
- What is one strong opinion you’ve changed your mind about in the last 5 years?
- If you could perform one miracle, what would it be?
- If you could either go back in time 100 years or forward 100 years, which would you choose?
- What would you say to your younger self from 5 or 10 years ago?
- Are you excited or terrified about the prospect of artificial intelligence?
- If you could go to outer space as a tourist, would you do it?
- If you could bring any person from history back to life, who would it be?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What is a common saying that you disagree with?
- If you were to change your name, what would you be called?
- If you could be me for a day, how would you spend that day?
- Does ASMR do anything for you?
- What little thing always makes you irrationally angry?
- Strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
- What fictional food do you wish was real?
- Favourite cocktail?
Life right now
- What thing do you keep meaning to get round to, but keep putting off?
- What song is stuck in your head right now?
- What one thing do you want to own once you can afford it?
- What are you reading or listening to right now?
- What is your go-to podcast at the moment?
- Would you one day like to write a novel, screenplay, or other kind of book?
- Favorite cartoon from your childhood?
- Which fashions do you wish would come back in style?
- What is a hilarious thing you used to believe when you were a child?
- Did you ever see or hear something that you just can’t explain?
- Tell me a strange or interesting story about your family
- What is the coolest item you own and the story behind it?
- When was the last time you wrote a physical letter?
- What scene from a movie had a big impact on you?
- Best advice you’ve ever received?
- Which decision completely altered the course of your life?
- Surprise parties: love them or hate them?
- Which fictional character do you most identify with?
- Morning person or night owl?
- eBooks or physical books?
- What is the funniest clean joke you know?
- What cheesy thing is your guilty pleasure?
- Which website can get you to scroll for hours and hours?
- Favourite smell?
- Which habit would you like to get rid of?
- What were you doing just before this call?